Saturday, May 2, 2015

Felling a Big Spruce


Ely resort on jasper lake

At least this time, I didn't have to do the felling.  A two-man crew with a big fancy boom truck  came in a took down a hefty spruce that died due to lighting and was right next to the power line.  They were on contract for our electrical co-op here and their efforts were much appreciated.  My chainsaw bar isn't big enough for the job and theirs was also even a bit on the short side.  It was a shame to have to take down a tree of that size, but either we do it now while in control, or have it fall later while out of control.  It was easily in the range of the power lines and with 7,000 volts running through it, touching the lines is less than desirable.  The tree had to come down.

I haven't yet decided what I'm doing with it but I'll be doing something.


Check out resort website HERE

Last Minute Internet Specials for cabin rentals at Northwind Lodge



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you'd like. I'd also like to hear your stories of staying at Northwind Lodge.